Peter M. Talia
A City Attorney occupies an important position of trust and responsibility within city government.
Central to that trust is an expectation and commitment that city attorneys will hold themselves to the highest ethical standards. The City Attorney is responsible for the following services:
- Providing legal advice and information to the Council and staff
- Preparing legislation and legal documents
- Providing legal defense for the City in a manner that minimizes City liability and exposure
- Providing legal advice to the City Council, City Administrator, Departments, Boards and Commissions
- Supporting staff in enforcing community standards and codes fairly